Learn More About Human Rights
There are many organizations that promote human rights and work to protect people. We've picked three to help you learn more and find breaking topics.
- Amnesty International (http://www.amnesty.org/) is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights for all. They work to improve human rights through campaigning and international solidarity.
- Human Right Watch (http://www.hrw.org/) is dedicated to protecting human rights of people around the world. They stand with victims and activists to prevent discrimination, uphold political freedom, protect people from inhumane conduct in wartime, and to bring offenders to justice.
- Youth For Human Rights (http://www.youthforhumanrights.org) is an independent non-profit that educates people about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights so they become valuable advocates for tolerance and peace.
We have an entire group discussion dedicated to Bloggers Unite (http://www.blogcatalog.com/group/bloggers-unite) where you can add more organizations that you think are worth including.
How To Join Bloggers Unite!
To join, simply visit the Bloggers Unite page (http://unite.blogcatalog.com/) to get more information. Then, on Thursday, May 15th, write a blog post that shares awareness about human rights.
Your blog post could:
- Have the title "Bloggers Unite For Human Rights" (or some variation).
- include an example of human rights so people can learn about it.
- Explain the importance of human rights and how it applies to everyone.
- Link to one of the sites we've listed or the most suitable site for your country.
- And add a link to our BlogCatalog Community Human Rights Awareness Campaign page so we can give you and your blog credit for being part of it.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. And please, don't forget to tell your friends to blog about this too. Together, I know we can raise awareness and prove bloggers can do good!